[ORRando] BTA Blueprint Input Sessions - Have an Impact on Cycling in the Portland Metro Area

Theo Elliot Roffe theoelliot at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 15:15:53 PST 2012

Hey Fellow Randonneurs,

Please consider attending one of the BTA Blueprint Input Sessions if you
live or ride in Washington County, Clackamas County, and/or Multnomah
County.  Many of us live in these areas and even more of us ride there, so
this is a good opportunity for the cyclotouring voice to be heard in the
Bicycle Transportation Alliance's Blueprint for Better Biking.

I've pasted their call for input below and I hope folks can find a break in
their accumulation of wintery RUSA Km to attend at least one session.

Thanks!

-Theo Roffe
Portland, OR
RUSA 5988

Over the next four or five years, what should the tri-county area do to
make bicycling safer and more inviting?
Portland’s Bike Plan for 2030 has a tremendous list of ambitious projects
that would improve bicycling in the city of Portland. It’s a great
long-term City of Portland plan but *we need a plan-of-attack for the
entire tri-county Metro area* — a plan that helps us prioritize the next
few years worth of advocacy work. We are currently updating our Blueprint
for Better Biking<http://btaoregon.org/get-involved/blueprint-for-a-world-class-network-take-the-survey/>
serve that important role and we need your input.

In 2005, we heard loud and clear that N/NE Portland needed major east-west
bike boulevards, that low traffic neighborhood routes were in-demand
citywide, and that the Sellwood Bridge was a huge barrier.

What are *your top 3 picks for projects* that need to happen in the next
few years — projects sure to improve safety and increase ridership?

In a few weeks, the BTA will be hosting input sessions in Clackamas,
Multnomah, and Washington Counties. Please join us!

   - *12/4, 6-8pm: Washington County Input
Session<http://btaoregon.org/events/washington-county-project-priority-input-session/>
   * at Fanno Creek Brew Pub, 12562 Southwest Main Street, Tigard
   - *12/5, 6-8pm: Clackamas County Input
Session<http://btaoregon.org/events/clackamas-county-project-priority-input-session/>
   * at First City Bikes, 916 Main Street, Oregon City
   - *12/6, 6-8pm: Multnomah County Input
Session<http://btaoregon.org/events/multnomah-county-project-priority-input-session/>
   * at BTA office, 618 NW Glisan Street, Suite 401, Portland

*(Updated: all meetings are scheduled for 6-8pm.)*

If you can’t attend an input session, visit our website for other means of
input<http://btaoregon.org/get-involved/blueprint-for-a-world-class-network-take-the-survey/>
.