[ORRando] DAIRY CREEK RESIDENT comment RE: [SIR] Brew Pub Populaire Recap

Susan Otcenas susan at teamestrogen.com
Mon Mar 19 11:53:23 PDT 2012

As Asta & I were leaving our post up at Greener/Tile Flat, a gentleman
in a pickup truck stopped to speak with us.    He was very nice and very
calm.   He identified himself as owning most of the property up around
that intersection, and mentioned his sister owned one of the roadside
houses as well.    I thought he was going to say we were trespassing,
but he confirmed that we were on the public right of way where we set
up, and that we were not in the way of traffic.   His one concern was
the amount of public urinination observed.   He welcomed the riders up
there, and had no trouble with us using that spot as a control, but he
strongly encouraged that we consider renting a port-o-potty for the day
if we want to use that spot as a turnaround.

Honestly, I can't blame him.  Asta and I witnessed MANY riders, all
male, pretty much just whipping it out at will all along the roadside up
there, without any regard for public (in)decency or the feelings of
property owners upon whose property they might have been urinating.

I recognize that there are budgetary constraints involved that may make
such a rental impractical.  Nonetheless, I think it is something we
should consider if we want to retain the goodwill of the property owners
at frequently used locations.   At the *very* least, we should be
bringing up this issue at the the start of the rides, asking people to
use some discretion and to wait until they can find a public restroom
whenever possible.   I don't mean to be sexist, but I rarely see female
riders exhibiting this behavior.   If we can hold it until we find a
restroom, so can the men.

Susan

Susan Otcenas
Team Estrogen, Inc.