[ORRando] ORR Wool Jersey Order instructions (long message!)

Lesli Larson lesli.larson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 12:10:24 PST 2011

Here are my notes on the ORR jersey order.  Michael Rasmussen is going to
post a page on the ORR rando site but this will work as a placeholder in
the interim.

Please note that we have sizing jerseys available to try on at River City
Cycles in Portland, Oregon.

Payment will be sent to me.  Info below.  Please make sure to include
payment for shipping costs with your jersey payment.  All jerseys will be
delivered by mail.
*
*

*ORDER CLOSING DATE: DEC 16TH.  *

The ORR club is placing an order for wool jerseys which will be made for us
by Woolistic.  Men's and women's jerseys will be available in short and
long sleeves in both standard and superlightweight wool.  We're also offer
the jerseys in the new, superlightweight wool introduced by the SIR club
last year.    We will need an order of at least 25 jerseys to meet the
Woolistic min order requirement.

Design:

This year we are offering the ORR jersey in a new green colorway.  The
design has been finalized and will not be changed.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/archivalclothing/6263923247/in/set-72157627939360284/

Pricing (does not include shipping):

Regular weight wool jersey

s/s  $91
l/s  $100

Superlightweight wool jersey

s/s = $100
l/s=$109

Shipping rates:

Up to two jerseys:  10.95 medium flat rate
+2 jerseys: 14.95 large flat rate

All jerseys will be shipped to club members from Eugene, Oregon.   You must
include payment for shipping with your jersey order.

International orders or orders for more than 4 jerseys will be billed at
cost.

Sizing:

We are offering jerseys sized for both men and women.  Please specify
whether you are ordering a men's or women's jersey in your order.

Size chart for men:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/archivalclothing/6354711219/in/photostream

For women, sizing is based on bust size

S =32
M=34
L=36
XL=38

I/Lesli recommend ordering a size up if you are unsure of your size.  I'm
5'3 and typically wear a women's small.  In Woolistic, I wear a women's
medium and it is a trim/short fit on me (which I like).

Please review sizing charts carefully.  Sizing jerseys are available to try
on at River City Cycles in Portland, Oregon.  Because the jerseys are
custom, all sales are final. So please, double check current sizing samples
to insure that you are ordering the correct size. Orders cannot be
cancelled after the Order Date has closed.    Fit on these jerseys is
relatively slim.  If you're between sizes, we recommend you size up.

Order process:

Please send check payment to the following address:

Lesli Larson

1051 W. 26th AVE

Eugene, OR 97405

We are requiring pre-payment for the jerseys plus shipping before we place
our order.

Include quantity and return shipping instructions.

You may also pay by paypal.  Send payment to  Lesli at archivalclothing.com.
In comments field, indicate order information (kind of jersey, sizing,
quantity), shipping address, etc.

Delivery time:

Woolistic order time is roughly 45-50 days.  They will be closed from Jan
18-Feb 1.  We hope to have the jerseys by Spring.  We do not have a fixed
delivery date.  I will update club as I receive info back from Woolistic.

Disclaimer: All of the clothing that you are in the process of ordering is
custom made to order by Woolistic.  Because your items are custom, all
sales are final. So please, double check what items you are purchasing and
definitely try on current sizing samples to insure that you are ordering
the correct size. Orders cannot be cancelled after the Order Date has
closed.

Washing Instructions:

Each jersey will come with printed washing instructions.  Please follow
them closely.

Do NOT put these jerseys in the dryer. Use a mild detergent.  Do not use
Woolite. Turn inside out and put washer on "wool" setting if available.
Use gentle agitation only.  Cold water washing is preferable.  If you're
worried about shrinkage, we recommend sizing up.

Dry a wool jersey after washing by laying it flat on a clean towel. Roll
the towel up with the jersey inside, pressing out excess water. Unroll the
jersey, and lay it flat on a dry towel in a warm, ventilated location until
dry.

Store a wool jersey after it is completely dry in a zip lock plastic bag to
protect the jersey against moths.

With each jersey we sell we put wash instructions sheet in there. (see
attached! please print).  Also its sewn in the side seam. We go overboard
on the details but seems some people just like to be lazy and ignore it all
and later they come crying.  I always tell people 'WOOL IS HAIR!'  LITMUS
TEST: if in doubt about  soap ask yourself 'would I wash my own hair with
TIDE in the shower?' that will stop most people cold in their tracks. Ugh
imagine how ratty ones hair would be, all dried out like some stray.

DETERGENTS we recommend:

1)  IVORY SNOW (proctor and gamble) as it is endorsed by the Woolmark
company.  Available at most major supermarkets.

2)  ECOVER DELICATE WASH - Woolmark endorsed. Awesome stuff. I buy it at
Whole Foods. Amazon sells it also. Probably other places too.

http://www.ecover.com/us/en/Products/Laundry/Delicate+Wash.htm

http://www.amazon.com/Ecover-Delicate-Wash-32-Ounce-Bottle/dp/B001EPRAL2

3) Kookaburra Woolwash- heard its good.

**NO  WOOLITE-- STOP! !  I read this on the internet below:
""While Woolite, by virtue of its name, makes you think that it is the best
choice for washing wool carpets or clothing, it may not get the job done as
well as any of a handful of substitutes. This is mainly because Woolite
still has an alkaline pH, which gets into natural wool fibers and strips
them. In addition, Woolite is expensive and does not disclose its
ingredient list."