[ORRando] SxSW 200

Susan France susanfrance at teleport.com
Fri Jun 26 09:09:07 PDT 2009

Yes, this is a really great route. Unfortunately, 8000` was just a wee bit beyond my ability so I was an unofficial finisher... but still it was a great route.
I learned that Lanaseptic makes a great insect replellent in a pinch. Biting flys were after me on the long slow climbs and I had nothing that was made to "repel insects". I figured if I could keep them away, I would create a fly paper of sorts and trap them. I didn't trap flys but they didn't seem to like landing on the stuff smeared all over my exposed parts.
Susan.
PS. Flys can bit though shorts and in like catching a ride in the rear (literally).