[ORRando] SxSW 200

Michael michael at jamhome.us
Fri Jun 26 08:18:52 PDT 2009

I see that, so far, only four people have signed on for this brevet.

Say it isn't so.

Don't be deterred by the Kramer reputation for mountain goat routing.  True,
there is close to 8,000 feet of climbing in this 200K.  But they're nice
climbs with fully two thirds of them being in national forests - one of them
cresting as it crosses the Pacific Crest Trail.

I rode the original version of this brevet in 2006.  It stands out as one of
the most enjoyable brevets of my life.  Well, that would exclude the crash
after I had a moment of irrational exuberance, threw both my arms into the air
in a victory V and lost control of the bike.  I would probably also exclude
the 7% grade that I walked several sections of and at the conclusion told the
control worker to "just shoot me now."  It would also probably exclude a
couple of other moments that I've pushed out of memory.  But you get the idea.
 It's a great ride.

--
     Michael Rasmussen
   http://www.jamhome.us/