[ORRando] Fwd: Barlow Trail 300 Pre-Ride

Vincent Sikorski vsikorski at bendbroadband.com
Wed Jul 22 18:14:26 PDT 2009

Since I saw my name mentioned, I thought I'd comment on the benefits
of hydro-cooling. (Not to be confused with cold beer instilled into
the stomach). When it is HOT, I do not pass up the opportunity for a
cool soak. I find a spot to lie down in the water with just my head
sticking up until I feel cold. You need to bring your core temperature
down, a quick splash is not enough. Several years ago I did a loop
Bend- Willamette Pass- Aufderheide-McKenzie Pass -Sisters. Was 104
degrees in the shade. Would not have survived without several trips
into the South Fork of the McKenzie River.

Vince
PS The above loop, Bend to Bend, would make a great 400K when McKenzie
Pass opens up.

Begin forwarded message: