[ORRando] Barlow Trails 300k (July 25) - Cancelled

Susan France susanfrance at teleport.com
Wed Jul 22 19:46:23 PDT 2009

We will not be running a 300k ACP event this weekend.  Riding a long event in OR desert is simply hazardous this weekend. Michael has asked the registered riders if any of them "required" an 300k ACP event, so far no one has indicated they need this. (The only reason someone would require this is because they have no 300k ACP event this year and seeking their SR.)

Next weekend I could run an unsupported 300k "replacement" which would be either the Grab Bag 300k or the 3 Capes 300k routes. When I say unsupported I mean that I will be at the start to pass out cards, and you will drop them a in drop box at the finish. No staffed controls, no beer and pizza at the finish. This is the best that Michael and I can come up with with our limited time and schedules. The "replacement" would count as a July 25 event even though the event will happen on Aug 1.  However, I need to know by MONDAY, if any individuals plan to ride the replacement brevet (and which route is their preference).  I will make a decision on Monday whether to simply cancel the 300k or which event to put in as the replacement.

Michael will run the BT route as a RUSA 300k in September.

There are other events to consider.... this weekend SIR is running an ACP 200k on Whidbey Island... probably 30 degrees cooler than cooking on the backroads in the OR desert.
SIR is running an ACP 300k in Bellingham on 8/8 if you require that distance ACP event... otherwise plan on the Alsea Falls 400k that same date.

I will be gone from Friday morning-Sunday night, so I will not be able to respond to any email during that time.