[OrRando] Re: Longview Bridge

Philippe Andre philippe_cycliste at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 26 15:28:14 PDT 2008

Why not be consistent with PBP: Portland - Bend - Portland. Besides there's=
 a McMinamans in Bend
(Susan would like the St. Francis School) and some great beer at the Deschu=
tes Brewery. Just think of the possibilities for the route. The North Umpqu=
a, McKenzie Pass, Crater Lake, etc.
 =

cheers,
 =

Philippe
> From: david.kamp at hp.com> To: orrando at tire.patch.com> Date: Wed, 26 Mar 20=
08 19:02:49 +0000> Subject: RE: [OrRando] Re: Longview Bridge> > PBP, Portl=
and-Bremerton-Portland. This jogs my memory. Couple years ago we mused on P=
OP, Portland-Ontario-Portland, a longer-than-1200K-brevet. But if we starte=
d way east from Portland and just kissed the west reach of Ontario, we'd ma=
ybe have a cool ride close to the internationally accepted 1200K. Or we cou=
ld actually start our odomoters after leaving Portland, like Govt Camp, the=
n take extra credit for the P-GovC leg. Well, at least scouting the route w=
ould be fun. It's loosely in the late summer credit card tour plans. Anyone=
 game for this, contact me off list.> > David Kamp> E-: david.kamp at hp.com> =
Tel: 541-760-5221 (C)> > -----Original Message-----> From: orrando-bounces@=
tire.patch.com [mailto:orrando-bounces at tire.patch.com] On Behalf Of Del Sch=
arffenberg> Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 3:21 PM> To: Oregon area Randonne=
urs> Subject: [OrRando] Re: Longview Bridge> > Up until the OrRando era, th=
at bridge was part of our annual 600k route, both going north and returning=
 south. From 1987 through 2005 we had our own PBP route (Portland-Bremerton=
-Portland). As mentioned, STP also uses it, the one day of the year when on=
 a bike you have numbers on your side.> > It's not a bad crossing, but does=
 require "sharing the road". You can hop up on the sidewalk if you want to,=
 similar to the Sellwood Bridge, rideable but narrow.> > __________________=
Test your Star IQ
http://club.live.com/red_carpet_reveal.aspx?icid=3Dredcarpet_HMTAGMAR