[OrRando] Nutrition

joel metz magpie at blackbirdsf.org
Thu May 24 07:01:32 PDT 2007

At 02:18 -0700 05.24.2007, Andrew P. Black wrote:
>On 23 May 2007, at 20:22, Jkeenan((Yahoo Account)) wrote:
>
>>Nope..I was serious... I think a Retro Rando would be fun.  Don't
>>know how others feel about it, but something different.
>>Okay..maybe I've been in China too long!!
>>
>>And although I designed a plastic Randonneurs of China jersey, my
>>first thought was wool.   Maybe next year.
>>

>If we are serious about this, we should of course outlaw deraileurs.
>Multiple gears would be OK, provided that they are changed in the
>traditional way.

actually, no, cause the "founder" of rando, in many ways, velocio,
was an earyl proponent of them, and the "cyclotouristes" and
"touriste-routiers" of french cycling adopted them as early as they
were available :)

it was racers who waited until the 40s to "reinvent" that which was
already available to them :)

-joel
--
joel metz  : magpie at blackbirdsf.org :  http://www.blackbirdsf.org/