[OrRando] Ye Olde Lighting Question

Keith Kohan bike2work2live at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 13:53:21 PDT 2007

Lesli,

I've been commuting with a Schmidt and one E6 for the
past two years.  For most riding I've found the single
E6 to provide enough light at my normal 18 to 19 mph
commute average speed.  The E6 is absolutely
outstanding in lighting up the road for a good
distance right in front of the bike.

When it's raining hard, when car headlights seem to
wash out my headlight in reflective glare from the wet
pavement, or when making a turn at a very dark rural
intersection it would be great to have a secondary
light illuminating a wider part of the road close to
the bike.

In fact, I have a lumotec oval that I've been meaning
to add as a secondary for some time but I just haven't
gotten around to it.  I guess that says something
about how important the secondary is to me.

Keith Kohan