[OrRando] Ye Olde Lighting Question

joshua bryant franco650b at mac.com
Thu May 3 13:30:09 PDT 2007

Lesli,
I've been using a schmidt hub for about 6+ years and I can't rave
enough about it.  Mostly commuting and general riding (my commute
home over those years has mostly been after dark.)  I've used both
schmidt E-6 and b&m lumotec and i like them both.  If i were to set
up a new lighting system and start-up costs weren't much of an issue,
it would be a schmidt hub with a single E-6 light.  If  you're the
type of person who needs more light at night, get a secondary lumotec
and use it like a high beam.  It's a bit more diffuse and would
illuminate turns better and would be a great complement to the E-6's
narrow yet focused (and bright) beam.  But personally I think that a
solo E-6 is adequate for my vision, and I don't mind turning into a
slightly blind corner.  Only way to tell for you is to give it a try.

I would recommend just getting them from peter white.  I've had some
personal issues locally (poor customer service and I'm not naming
names.)

cheers,

Joshua Bryant
Portland, OR