[OrRando] Heroic RAAM Racers struggle to beat Friday afternoon deadline

joel metz magpie at blackbirdsf.org
Fri Jun 22 06:26:12 PDT 2007

At 05:15 -0700 06.22.2007, David Rowe wrote:
>RAAM has crowned champions in all divisions within the last 3 days;
>however, the heartwrenching struggle of the racers in the rear of
>the pack always produces heroic stories. The possible heartbreak of
>missing the deadline after 295 hours of non-stop racing produces
>great drama for RAAM racers, crews, and fans. So we expect a lot of
>serious digging for the extra power to get them across the line in
>time, and some real tear-jerker finishes.

in all divisions except solo women, no? being as the entire division
was dnfed...

man, john is SO close to that cutoff... the predictions have him
finishing between an hour and an hour and a half after the deadline...

-joel
--
joel metz  : magpie at blackbirdsf.org :  http://www.blackbirdsf.org/
bike messengers worldwide : ifbma : http://www.messengers.org/