[OrRando] hydration packs

Paul Whitney pdwhitney at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 16:41:29 PDT 2007

Hi Nate,
I use one of these and love it. Benefits that I think I get from such a
device are:
- can carry more water
- the water stays cooler in the hydration pack than in bottles
- I tend to drink 'better' w/ a hydration pack - the convenience seems to
matter to me
- when biking through wet, disgusting (think cow stuff and road grime)
roads, none of that gets splashed on the hydration-pack/human interface -
some of it does tend to get on my water bottles.

With two water bottles and a hydration pack, I'm good for 100+km under most
conditions. I've never ran out of water since using one of these. I only use
one on 300km or longer rides. FWIW, I use the Camelback Rogue - pretty much
just good for carrying liquids, not much extra storage capacity (that was a
choice made on purpose, didn't want to be tempted to carry too much on my
back).

-Paul

http://paulsbikenotes.blogspot.com/