[OrRando] hydration packs

Sam Huffman shuffman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 14:40:27 PDT 2007

I rode with "Pat From Whidbey" on our 400K last year. He was using a
"Camelbak Stoaway" fastened to his frame. It looked pretty functional.
He wrote a little about his setup here:
http://kentsbike.blogspot.com/2006/06/pat-roddens-cautionary-tale-of-woe.html

Search for "Stoaway".

On day 2, when the water in my bottles was too hot for me to drink,
Kitty Goursolle recommended dumping it over my head instead. She used
her camelbak to store water for drinking, and her water bottles to
store water for dumping. A reasonable dousing usually cooled me down
for a couple miles.

Sam