[OrRando] Members = Rides

Susan France susanfrance at teleport.com
Sat Jan 20 15:13:06 PST 2007

So now that we have members... we can have rides... and you can >>start to
preregister<< Some new things to note: If you don't preregister within
24-hrs of the event start it will cost you $5 extra day of the event. If you
are not a member of RUSA it will cost you $5 extra for ACP events... this
fee will be donated to RUSA to cover the cost of having ACP process your
brevet results.

The first ride of the season is the Snoozeville Populaire, same as last
year. Nate Armbrust will be the ride organizer. Starts at the Cornelius Pass
Roadhouse so we can all eat & drink afterwards in the roadhouse. Fee $0

Next is a Dart (12Hr team) and Arrow (24Hr team) that will finish in
Centralia. So you can ride from Portland (or elsewhere) to Centralia or you
can drive to Centralia and do a loop from there. JOINT WITH SIR. Peg will be
the organizer for SIR and they will have the same events finishing in
Centralia. Read the info page, generally the same as last year. Start
advertising for team mates. Fee $0, but you must be an ORR member.

After that it's the Birkie Brevet, Marcello is this year's organizer, info
page available, starts a McMenamin's so we can all eat, drink and float
around in the hot tub afterwards. The route will be ever so slightly
different. A tentative route sheet is available so you can check it out.

After that it's the Three Capes Brevet, Bert is this year's organizer. Info
page soon. A slightly modified route...you'll like it cause it's quieter,
starts at McMenamin's so we can all eat, drink and float around in the hot
tub afterwards.

After that it's the Screech Owl Populaire, David Rowe is this year's
organizer. A nighttime populaire. I've heard from a few that this was one of
their favorites last year.

More to come.