[OrRando] RE: [OBRA Chat] Two cyclists killed in Washington County

Ed Boehmer eboehmer at acumed.net
Tue May 30 12:37:26 PDT 2006

I would be most concerned about the indifferent attitude of the Washington County Police. They seemed to place no value on bicyclist life's and gave the impression that it was the cyclist fault for being in the way of the car. Apparently you are not required to maintain control of your car (I guess that Washington County has different laws that the rest of Oregon) and if you "drift" (cell phone talking? tired? daydreaming?) and cause an accident you are not at fault. There must be more to the story that hopefully will come out.