[OrRando] RE: [OBRA Chat] Two cyclists killed in Washington County

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Tue May 30 12:25:55 PDT 2006

Ray Ogilvie wrote:
> Even if you hit a parked car there is a price to pay, accident or not.
> Why are our lives devalued just because we get on a bicycle?

Hold that thought.

I believe the delay in presenting the car driver with so much as a ticket is the
need for the Sherrif to determine the best (provable) charges to press.  When the
retired teacher was run over last year in Beaverton there was quite a delay
between incident and charges being pressed while the police investigated and
determined the optimal course of action to take.

--
   Michael Rasmussen, Portland, Ore, USA
  Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity