[OrRando] Re: Boston 300K Report

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Wed May 31 08:52:32 PDT 2006

All, full quoting of Emily's question below so you respond to her with corrections
or further insights.

Emily,

We don't have quite the fixed gear presence as you've recently observed.  In any
Portland, Seattle or Vancouver BC based brevet there will be a couple of fixed
riders and maybe up to four or five.  The SIR fleche each spring sees some
incarnation of the Shiftless Bums, though I understand this year's group included
a couple of coasty bikes.

Portland fixed riders include Nate Armburst and John Spurgeon.  They are also a
couple of the strongest riders in the area.

I'm still working up the _______  to ride a populaire fixed.

And yes, we do have a few hills around here.

--
   Michael Rasmussen, Portland, Ore, USA
  Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity