[ORRando] breakfast in Lebanon?

Ron Himschoot RonHim at comcast.net
Mon Jun 17 11:56:58 PDT 2019

Something I like to do, when I’m staying at a motel, is to pack a 2 cup microwavable plastic bowl (with a lid) containing a cup of 1 minute oatmeal (less expensive than instant and better for you) with a spoonful of brown sugar.  I also pack a couple hardboiled eggs and/or a banana and maybe some yogurt.  While getting dressed, I just add water to the oatmeal and heat it in the microwave.  If there is no microwave, I heat the water with the coffee pot.  If there is no coffee pot, I have a small immersible water heater and my ever faithful stainless steel coffee mug.  I also like to bring a couple packets of Starbuck’s Via instant coffee  --  just in case.

I’ve also been known to pack a couple frozen breakfast sandwiches to heat up in the microwave.  Not my first choice, but it works in a pinch.  As will a box of donuts for that matter.  Ain’t livin’ long like that, though.

Anyway, you get the idea.  If there isn’t anyplace open for breakfast, fix it yourself.  I generally do that even if there are 24 hour restaurants in the area.  It’s faster and cheaper and healthier to eat in my room.  I also like to do a variation on that for my drop bag on a 600K – just in case.

-Ron Himschoot