[ORRando] Shipping bike overseas?

David Baldwin dave.f.baldwin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 08:26:03 PDT 2015

I think that's pretty much the going rate.  A few years ago, my wife and I
tried to figure out the logistics of getting our touring bikes over the
Atlantic without us and it was about $1200 for the two via FedEx (which I
think is BikeFlights' carrier), UPS or DHL.  We ended up not doing it.
There is a certain dimensional threshold for each carrier where things get
really expensive, so you can play games trying to ship just the frame and
the wheels in another box, etc.  which will save (oftne a bunch) money but
obviously increases the risk of not having the full bike arrive.

I did find out via randon that there is a service in Paris called Bagges du
Monde (http://www.bagagesdumonde.com/) that will apparently hold your bike
for a few weeks at CDG for a fee. Depending on your plans, that might serve
the same purpose

Hope that helps
David