[ORRando] Desert River Randonneurs in 2014

Norm Carr normcarr at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 13:03:43 PST 2014

Hello ORRs

(Apologies in advance if you receive more than one copy of this message
because you're a member of more than one of the lists to which it is sent.
I promise not to make this a habit.)

As a fresh brevet season is about to begin, please allow me to briefly
share some news from over here in the east. At the end of last season Paul
Whitney decided it was time to step down from his role as RBA for Desert
River Randonneurs, and asked me if I'd like to take his place. I agreed to
do so, and the RUSA board thereafter made it so.

I'd like to thank Paul for all his excellent work founding and growing the
DRR organization, brevets, routes and permanents. Without his initiative
and encouragement, DRR would not be the small but well-formed body it is
now. Quite a few folk have now ridden DRR events and we've received plenty
of very positive feedback about our routes and rides. Perhaps you'd like to
join them?

The DRR plans for 2014 include a not quite complete brevet series, some
bonus brevets, and very likely some group permanents that we might not have
even planned yet. All RUSA members are, of course, always very welcome to
our events. If you'd like to ride in a different flavor of landscape from
the west side (drier!), you're invited to peruse our web info at
http://drrando.blogspot.com/
If you're a Facebook kind of person, we also have a group page thing at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/347133715357627/
And please feel free to e-mail me with questions or comments about DRR and
any of our events.

Wishing you happy and fulfilling riding in 2014.

Norm Carr
RBA Desert River Randonneurs

Unofficial PNW Randonneuring Calendar
https://goo.gl/bQHlL