[ORRando] Fwd: [PCH Randos] Trans Sierra Triple Pass 200k

Bruno George bgeorge98121 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 16:15:34 PDT 2013

This ride leaves me twitching in a corner.  Willie is pretty rough on his
rides, but this one tops them all.

It's coming up in 2.5 weeks, so if you have interest, signup at
www.PCHrandos.com

Willie

*Trans Sierra Triple Pass 200k*

   - Date: 9/28/2013
   - Start Time: 8:00
   - Fee: $75, CIBC members deduct $5.
   - Event Master: Willie Hunt (willie at surefire.com) (714-309-2192)
   - Trans Sierra Triple Pass 200k registration form and
waiver<http://reader.ilmio-computer.com/pchrandos/registration/2013TransSierra200k.php>

Maps: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2155597

If you love climbing, breathtaking scenery, and nearly zero cars, this is
YOUR 200Km! But be warned, this could be the most climbing ever for a RUSA
200Km Brevet. RideWithGPS says 17,247 feet; my Garmin 800 last year gave
15,632; regardless it's a boat load. The climbs are sustained, but steady.
A low gear and good pacing will get you through them. It was 100F at the
Kern River and 63F at Sherman Pass last year, thus be ready for a wide
range of temperatures. The highest point is Sherman Pass at 9200 feet above
sea level, so bring lungs too! :)

This is a FULL service shuttle ride. I'll pick everyone up somewhere in OC
and another stop in LA. I transport everyone to the start at Ducor, CA. The
shuttle vehicle will leap frog and back track as needed to make sure
everyone is supplied and no one if left on the course with a problem. The
SAG will have water, food, drink mixes, etc and provide these at many
locations. Still, plan on carrying plenty of water as it's a long way from
anything out there and it can be quite hot at times. Most of the area has
no cell reception, thus the shuttle vehicle will SAG sweep the course too.
This also means you can bail at any point, and or get a ride to the top of
the climbs, just wait for the SAG to pick you up. At the highway 395 finish
at the Shell Station in Pearsonville everyone gets back in the shuttle
vehicle and we travel back to the LA and OC drop off points.

The ride has limit of 9 riders, because that's all I can provide shuttle.
Pickup times for car pool locations (to be determined bases on riders
signing up) will be 4:00AM in Orange County and 5:00AM in LA County. If you
have interest, sign up early online, because I need to plan for the
logistics of pickup and dropoff.

Fee $75 to cover shuttle transport costs, SAG support and food

Note: the ride does NOT start in Earlimart this year!