[ORRando] 6 Passes 600k

Michael Wolfe cyclotouriste at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 10:57:42 PDT 2013

Hi folks,

As I mentioned in my last post, I have created a new Super Randonnee 600k
route.  It starts in Gresham at the end of the MAX line, goes up Larch,
over Marmot, up Lolo Pass, up to Lost Lake, up to Cloud Cap Inn, over to
Dufur, down to Maupin, up through Wamic, over High Rock and back to Timothy
via Anvil Creek, up to Mt Hood Meadows, up to Timberline, and then back to
Gresham via Dodge Park.  As I mentioned in the last note, you hit Maupin at
about 350k, which, if you're far enough ahead of the game, would let you
grab some sleep at the Imperial River Hotel.  The bike route toaster link
is here: http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=567441  You can
also find it on Open Runner as route ID 2629511.  I'm really pleased with
how it turned out; these are some beautiful, quiet roads, and there should
even be a fair amount of shade.  The only real stretch of busy highway is
coming off the mountain on US 26.

I've had to do a little bit of juggling to figure out when to ride it, and
I am currently planning to give it a go on August 3 and 4.  If you're
interested in joining me for that, or in riding it yourself on some other
day, let me know when and I'll help you get set up.  Note that the ACP
requires that you sign up 1 month in advance of your ride date.

See you on the road!

-Michael