[ORRando] Hello and Introduction

Jim Harris cobrapatrol at verizon.net
Sat Nov 3 09:23:44 PDT 2012

Hello folks

My name is Jim Harris and I am a randonneur from southern California.  Last year at about this time my wife and I visited the Medford area.  I was interested in the area from a cyclists point of view, particularly since we may decide to retire to southern Oregon someday in the not too distant future.  So I thought I would look into the rando activities locally.  I saw from the RUSA member list that most of the registered Oregon randonneurs are from the Portland area and your ride list seems to confirm that.  Have you had activities in the Bend or Medford area?

I am 56 and have been an active randonneur for the past 3 years, achieving SR status the past two years.  I plan to ride my first Grand Randonnee in 2013, the Gold Rush 1200 out of Davis.  I currently ride with the PCHRandos out of Channel Islands.  Anyway, I will be scanning your archives but would like to know more about Oregon randonneuring!

Jim, RUSA 5768