[ORRando] 2013 OR Rando Calendar?

Susan Otcenas susan at teamestrogen.com
Mon Aug 20 10:16:29 PDT 2012

>>The calendars are coordinated between SIR, ORR, and DRR RBAs.

Fabulous!   All the northwest randos are so fortunate that the three
RBAs coordinate the season's major events.  It gives all of us the most
opportunities to ride the big events around the region without conflicts
on dates.  Thank you!

That said, however, many of the Oregon randos want to see more events on
the Oregon calendar, and we would like to be asked for input on when
those occur.  The development of a populaire series and the addition of
more warm weather 200K ACP brevets (of particular benefit to those of us
who would like to introduce randonneuring to the non-member
rando-curious who cannot ride perms) does not require coordination with
the other regions.

What is *does* require, however, is volunteers (like Theo, David, me,
Tom, Lynne, Joshua, Michal, Michael, Ed, John and others who stepped up
in 2012 - thank you all!) to design and organize those events.  There is
A LOT of energy amongst these folks and others to put on more events,
particularly in warmer weather.   It is so exciting to see all these
volunteers ready and eager to build the sport and the Oregon ridership!
What we require from you, Susan, is the encouragement, transparency and
support to make this region grow and thrive.

Mark Thomas published a draft calendar for SIR, asking for feedback on
it.  He knows his membership will step up to the plate, make calendar
suggestions, volunteer to organize rides, encourage new riders to come
out for those rides, etc.    The Oregon randos stand ready to do the
same, but we can only do so if we are supported and trusted to be a part
of the process.

Once again, thank you for your time and energy in helping us help you.

Looking forward to a rando-licious 2013!

Susan

Susan Otcenas
Team Estrogen, Inc.
www.TeamEstrogen.com