[ORRando] misbehaving SON generator hub

Bill Gobie bill at billandlorene.com
Tue Oct 18 11:33:46 PDT 2011

You could try holding an AC voltmeter's probes against the connections
on the hub (with the light still connected and turned on) to see if it
puts out 6 volts as you spin the wheel by hand. Or borrow another
light and see what happens.

Odds are hub has failed. Hopefully yours is one of the versions that
does not require cutting the spokes to service the hub. Also hopefully
it is still under warranty.

Send it to Peter White. He should have it back to you real quick. Note
even if it is under warranty you will have to pay for a wheel build if
it has to be cut out of the wheel.

I have had two SONs' bearings fail.

Bill Gobie