[ORRando] 40,000k on my BERG

Ken Bonner kenbonner at telus.net
Thu Apr 28 14:43:25 PDT 2011

Hi!

Just a short note to share with folks that after 40,000k on my BERG, it is
still my very favourite bike - comfortable and powerful over both the short
and long haul; and I continue to feel like an integral part of the machine,
whether standing, sitting; or riding over rough roads.  Unfortunately, Al
Bergman has not figured out how to re-vitalize aging legs, but I understand
he is working on it!   The BERG is also exceptionally stable on fast
descents.

My BERG bike confirms for me that a custom-built bike,  built by a talented
craftsperson  and which is built for your unique body measurements, provides
a truly exceptional riding experience compared to an off-the-rack fitted
bike.   I ride my old (200,000 km on it) LiteSpeed for bad weather training
and I start to think there is no difference between the LiteSpeed and the
BERG . until I go back to riding the BERG.  It's  like coming home .
everything is comfortable and familiar.

The website for BERG BIKES is http://bergbikes.com/joomla_berg/

Cheers .  Ken

p.s.  Just completed another 'wunnerif' on the BERG.  Last year, I completed
3 back-to-back 1000k brevets on the BERG; this year, I completed two
back-to-back Hell Weeks on the BERG- another 3000k in two weeks.  (Vancouver
Island Eau de Hell Week; and NW Crank super brevet series - I believe John
Kramer, Mark Roehrig and I were the only riders who completed all 4 of the
NW crank brevet series.)

Ken Bonner

2609 Orchard Avenue

Victoria, British Columbia