[ORRando] Performance merino

Kamp, David david.kamp at hp.com
Tue Mar 2 12:49:16 PST 2010

What Scott says about the jersey stretching out seems to be true of wool in general.  My old, twenty year old that is, Kucharik wool jersey just about covers my butt when a few items weigh down the rear pockets.  The red Oregon Randonneurs jersey from Woolistic is slightly less baggy on the length issue, while it fits well circumferentially.  A Filson wool long sleeve pullover goes down to about mid thigh.  Keeps the package warm.  Perhaps the wool garment makers got tired of all the shrinkage problems and designed in a little extra.  My experience has been the more you pay for the wool garment, the better it fits.  So check out the Rapha at $170 or the Twin Six at around $120, if your wallet can handle it.  Mine can’t.

David Kamp