[ORRando] Heck Week

Marcello Napolitano marcello at napolitano.com
Sat Jan 16 14:01:57 PST 2010

I like Ray's suggestions for routes for a "heck week" in 2011.

 As Susan mentioned, there are two versions of our spring 400k, and one
of them starts in Newberg (I remember doing the scouting on the preride
with Rick back in 2007). I really liked the Hot Spring and Dunes 600k,
even though there was a memorable mile-long stretch of fresh, thick,
unrideable gravel. The upper Nestucca 200k should be rideable if we do
it around early May. We could add a 300k going from Newberg to Kings
Valley-Alsea, to round up four nice routes all starting in Newberg.

If we want to organize this brevet week next year, my wife Kathy and I
are willing to be the organizers for the 200k and 300k.

Marcello