[ORRando] getting to Sandy by bike (tangentally related to the Barlow 300k)

Michael Wolfe cyclotouriste at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 08:43:26 PDT 2009

You can ignore those placards.  The springwater corridor trail was built
partially with federal transportation dollars, which means that the facility
must be open 24 hours a day.  Gresham has no power to enforce that ordnance,
and currently does not.

See:
http://bikeportland.org/2009/01/08/fhwa-says-springwater-trail-closure-decision-must-be-reversed/

When I rode out to Sandy to do the pre-ride, I rode straight out Burnside,
went south through Gresham and got on the Springwater at Gresham City Park.
I took Telford to Boring, and then just got on US 26.  The grade on 26 is a
little more gentle, the shoulder is huge, and at 5:30 in the morning there
really is almost no one else on the road.  Burnside at 4:30 was just one
huge bike path.

-Michael