[ORRando] My last word on jerseys.

b hamon periwinklekog at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 11 20:40:31 PDT 2009

Dear Randonneurs:

this is my last word to the list about jerseys. Please read carefully.

1. Alex called me at work today and we spoke about what had happened. Based on (a) my total lack of history with both Oregon Randonneurs AND Portland Velo jersey orders, I gave the list the link to Woolistc's sizing chart, which at the time reflected sizing ONLY for the mens' jerseys.

There was NO womens' specific sizing chart at that link.

Lynne came up with a sizing chart that had also come from Woolistic. It had apparently been used for the Portland Velo jersey order. By all accounts, people who'd ordered Portland Velo jerseys from Woolistic were happy with them. I had no reason to suspect that anything was amiss.

I believe that this was the chart used by the handful of women who ordered womens' specific jerseys. The Portland Velo chart, however, indicated "custom" sizing that had been requested for Portland Velo's jerseys. This sizing chart was never used again by Woolistic for any future womens' specific jerseys. Alex took some time to explain all of this to me, time I didn't really have to spare because I was at work.

2. Between this morning and this evening I have received a dozen emails from worried people who wonder if their jerseys will fit.

Allow me to clarify. The sizing chart issues pertain ONLY to womens' specific sizing. ALL MENS' JERSEYS WERE MADE TRUE TO SIZE USING A SIZE CHART THAT HAS BEEN IN PLACE AT WOOLISTIC FOR SEVERAL YEARS.

If you ordered a mens' jersey you should expect it to fit like a mens' jersey with no problems. In fact, so far the overwhelming majority of the men who've received jerseys and have emailed me have had nothing but good things to say about their jerseys.

3. Exactly THREE MEN who ordered jerseys have had fit issues with them. I will be happy to work with the two who were nice enough to keep their cool and to remember that I was not responsible for this issue. As for the third fellow who called me at home tonight and literally *yelled* at me over the phone, please don't call me again.

4. Please do NOT email or call me with any more angry complaints about the mens' jersey order. I did not mislead anyone into ordering the wrong size, nor did I do anything else wrong. The handful of you who have called or emailed to specifically blame ME have frankly made this experience more of a drag than it needed to be, and have made me a little leery of volunteering my time again in the future.

I have been in contact with those whose WOMENS' specific jerseys aren't fitting. Woolistic and I ARE wokring with the women who need different jersey sizes. The matter WILL be resolved.

Thank you.
Beth

http://bikelovejones.livejournal.com
http://veloquent.blogspot.com