[ORRando] Nehalem river permanent this Saturday

Marcello Napolitano marcello at napolitano.com
Wed Jan 14 09:17:47 PST 2009

I have three riders (me included) who plan to ride the Nehalem River
(Vernonia-Astoria-Vernonia) 200k permanent this Saturday starting at
7.30 a.m. For those not familiar with the route, it follows the Nehalem
river to Birkenfeld and Jewell, climbs along Fishhawk creek to crest at
about 1200 feet, then follows the Klatskanine River to Astoria. U-turn
at US-101, and back to Vernonia. I estimate about 4000 to 5000 feet
total climbing. If you would like to join us, please let me know by
Friday morning, so that I can have waivers and cards printed. You need
to be a current RUSA member to ride.

Marcello Napolitano
marcello at napoliltano dot com