No subject

Sun Dec 20 08:57:57 PST 2009

I will be attempting the 24hr and 1000k road World Records July 31 at =
7am.
The event will be based out of the Queen of the Valley Inn, La Conner, =
Wa
 LINK . All are welcome, I would love the support.=20

More info can be found at ragsdaleridesagain.com
Also a Live blog will be posted to my site so people can see what's =
going on real time and add comments. There will be pictures and =
hopefully video as well.

The goals for the ride are 542 miles in 24 hrs to break the existing =
record set by Italian Orlando Borini, on my birthday June 23 in 2007. =
The goal for 1000k is under 29 hours.  Currently the fastest 1000k ever =
(standard bike) was set by Australian Rod Evans on an indoor velodrome, =
29:12.

I will be on a 10.839 mile loop almost perfectly flat with about 9 of =
the miles on beautifully smooth road and 2 miles of it is maybe a 6 out =
of 10.  Not horrible but ok.  No stop signs, all right hand turns with =
one of the intersections being a stop light that stays green the =
majority of the time in the direction I am coming into and turning =
right.  I need to hit 50 laps exactly in 24 hours to break the world =
record.

There will be 4 officials, and a minimum of 6 crew, rotating out of two =
vehicles to provide seamless support.  They will hand off all bottles =
from the vehicle and will be relaying both my time splits and their =
comparison to previous records.

Yes I will stop to pee, but hopefully not often and will correlate that =
with other tasks like bottles, possible wheel changes, stretching etc.  =
My goal is to have less than 5 minutes not rolling. I feel that is very =
realistic.

The road is open to cars, but again I never cross a lane of traffic so =
hopefully even a little mid day saturday traffic won't slow me down.

I don't plan to be a steady eddy.  Use it when you got, and recover =
quickly and efficiently and get back on it!  The plan is to ride at =
25-28 and hopefully recover at 20-21. Spend more time above it than =
below it and when all is said and done I need to average 22.52.

I really am viewing this entire thing as a process.  It's going to =
happen, I just am not sure if it's going to be the first or 8th try.  =
But I have thought about this a while now and really believe it is time =
to start the process.  I feel better than ever on the bike and am =
excited to have a ton of support

I will be riding a Litespeed C3 with syntace clip on areo bars with bar =
end shifters. Many wheels available but will likely run a Tubular Disc =
and the front will vary from 404 up to 1080 tubular as well.  Saddle =
Fizik Aliante.

Food- Any thing they will give me, current favorites, Chocolate pudding, =
and Otter pops, and the old standards. Heed, Ensure, Coke, Jelly beans, =
Bars.

More info can be found at ragsdaleridesagain.com

------=_NextPart_000_00E2_01CB2E55.225DEDB0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff background=3D"">
<DIV>Many of you know Chris from SIR or his past volunteering at Cascade =

1200.&nbsp; He has won the National 24-hr race 5 consecutive years now, =
and is=20
also the Furnace Creek 508 champion.&nbsp; Chris will be riding this =
weekend in=20
a 24 hour and 1000k record attempt.&nbsp; He has invited all his friends =
and=20
fans to visit live or on-line.&nbsp; He sent me a survey map of his loop =

course.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>From Chris:<BR><BR>I will be attempting the 24hr and 1000k road =
World=20
Records July 31 at 7am.<BR>The event will be based out of the Queen of =
the=20
Valley Inn, La Conner, Wa<BR>&nbsp;<A=20
onclick=3D"javascript:pageTracker._trackPageview('/outbound/article/www.q=
ueenofthevalleyinn.com');"=20
href=3D"http://www.queenofthevalleyinn.com/" target=3D_blank =
rel=3Dnofollow=20
modo=3D"false">LINK</A> . All are welcome, I would love the support. =
</DIV>
<P></P>
<P></P>
<P>More info can be found at <A=20
onclick=3D"javascript:pageTracker._trackPageview('/outbound/article/ragsd=
aleridesagain.com');"=20
href=3D"http://ragsdaleridesagain.com/" target=3D_blank=20
rel=3Dnofollow>ragsdaleridesagain.com</A><BR>Also a Live blog will be =
posted to my=20
site so people can see what=92s going on real time and add comments. =
There will be=20
pictures and hopefully video as well.</P>
<P>The goals for the ride are 542 miles in 24 hrs to break the existing =
record=20
set by Italian Orlando Borini,&nbsp;on my birthday June 23 in 2007. The =
goal for=20
1000k is under 29 hours. &nbsp;Currently the fastest 1000k ever =
(standard bike)=20
was set by&nbsp;Australian Rod Evans on an indoor velodrome, 29:12.</P>
<P>I will be on&nbsp;a 10.839 mile loop almost perfectly flat =
with&nbsp;about 9=20
of the miles on beautifully smooth road&nbsp;and 2 miles of it is maybe =
a 6 out=20
of 10.&nbsp; Not horrible but ok.&nbsp; No stop signs, all right hand =
turns with=20
one of the intersections being a stop light that stays green the =
majority of the=20
time in the direction I am coming into and turning right. &nbsp;I need =
to hit 50=20
laps exactly in 24 hours to break the world record.</P>
<P>There will be 4 officials, and a minimum of 6 crew, rotating out of =
two=20
vehicles to provide seamless support. &nbsp;They will hand off all =
bottles from=20
the vehicle and will be relaying both my time splits and their =
comparison to=20
previous records.</P>
<P>Yes I will stop to pee, but hopefully not often and will correlate =
that with=20
other tasks like bottles, possible wheel changes, stretching etc.&nbsp; =
My goal=20
is to have <EM>less than 5 minutes</EM> not rolling. I feel that is very =

realistic.</P>
<P>The road is open to cars, but again I never cross a lane of traffic =
so=20
hopefully even a little mid day saturday traffic won=92t slow me =
down.</P>
<P>I don=92t plan to be a steady eddy. &nbsp;Use it when you got, and =
recover=20
quickly and efficiently and get back on it!&nbsp; The plan is to ride at =
25-28=20
and hopefully recover at 20-21. Spend more time above it than below it =
and=20
when&nbsp;all is said and done I need to&nbsp;average 22.52.</P>
<P>I really am viewing this entire thing as a process. &nbsp;It=92s =
going to=20
happen,&nbsp;I just am not sure if it=92s going to be the first or 8th =
try.&nbsp;=20
But I have thought about this a while now and really believe it is time =
to start=20
the process. &nbsp;I feel better than ever on the bike and am excited to =
have a=20
ton of support</P>
<P>I will be riding a Litespeed C3 with syntace clip on areo bars with =
bar end=20
shifters. Many wheels available but will likely run a Tubular Disc and =
the front=20
will vary from 404 up to 1080 tubular as well. &nbsp;Saddle Fizik =
Aliante.</P>
<P>Food- Any thing they will give me, current favorites, Chocolate =
pudding, and=20
Otter pops, and the old standards. Heed, Ensure, Coke, Jelly beans, =
Bars.</P>
<P>More info can be found at <A=20
onclick=3D"javascript:pageTracker._trackPageview('/outbound/article/ragsd=
aleridesagain.com');"=20
href=3D"http://ragsdaleridesagain.com/" target=3D_blank=20
rel=3Dnofollow>ragsdaleridesagain.com</A></P></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00E2_01CB2E55.225DEDB0--