[ORRando] Alsea Falls 400

John Henry Maurice jmaurice at easystreet.net
Wed Aug 5 16:00:31 PDT 2009

What have I gotten myself into? The Alsea Falls 400 is 252 miles long and I
have to climb nearly 2500 feet in the first 25 miles. And I have to do this
in 2 hours and 40 minutes! That is nearly 10 mph! If I do not meet the time
limit, then it is a DNF.

If I do make the time limit, I have to make it to Brownsville before 11:30
pm so I can refuel (calories, not gasoline) at he Chevron station (which I
am sure is stocked with nice, healthy food). If not, then there are no
services along the route until Salem, 45 miles later. If I do reach the
Chevron station after it closes, and I need calories, then that means a six
mile off route detour to I-5.

Yes, I am suffering from a confidence melt down.

--
John Henry Maurice
www.onyourleft.net