[ORRando] Crossing the Columbia River

Michael Johnson mjawnson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 15:14:56 PDT 2009

Forgive me, I know this isn't rando specific but I figure someone
here should know the answer to this question. Have I got it right,
bikes are not allowed on the bridge that connects Hood River to Wa.
But you can ride your bike across the bridge in The Dalles? I ask
because I'll be touring around the Gifford Pinchot Wilderness next
week. If things go well and we're feeling strong we may come back to
Portland the long way (ie around Hood and over to Timothy Lake, camp
for the night and then back to Portland along 224 through Estacada).
If we can cross at The Dalles  we'll probably head back through Dufur
and FS road 44 or whatever it is.

Thanks,
mike