[ORRando] Absolutely Undecided & Unsupported 1000k

Susan France susanfrance at teleport.com
Mon Apr 13 10:47:11 PDT 2009

I've gotten dozens of requests (from all over N. America) for the Glacier route. But each time someone asks me in person they notice the slump in my physical appearance.  The event is still unforgettable to me... and rando-nesia has not set in after 2 years. However, I have never forgotten that there were 2 riders who did Glacier unsupported (Greg Cox and Mark Thomas)

Here's a few routes for your consideration before I make my decision ...
1) the cloverleaf route out of Centralia (Poorman's PBP)
http://www.orrandonneurs.org/sftest/2007_Poormans_Info.htm

2) The cloverleaf route out of Wilsonville (Kings Valley, Three Capes, Covered Bridges Combo)
http://www.orrandonneurs.org/rba/2008/1000/2008_1000_Info.html

3) Something I call the "Best and Hardest of Glacier"... Think Tri-Cities to Thompson Falls (and return).  Completely unsupported, you figure out how to get your clean shorts to Kellogg or Wallace ID (I'd recommend Wallace as Day 2 should be difficult... think Dobson and Thompson Passes in both directions).  CDL trail in both directions! The Pauloose "Hill, Hill, Hill Hell".

4) Glacier... More logistics for >>YOU<< to figure out!

If you are actually planning to ride the 1000k, let me know before I make my final decision... in May.