[ORRando] Garmin

John Kramer jckramer at gorge.net
Sun Oct 19 08:29:27 PDT 2008

To add several points to JKeenan's rationale, the Vista also has a good
display with customizable color schemes and automatic day and night time
display switching. The lack of color schemes and visibility problems is
a critisism of the Oregon touch screen GPS models. BTW, the Oregon 400t
includes heart rate,  fitness, bike speed and cadence. Two other minor
points about the Vista, it is multiple use, good for the trail, bike or
car. Lithium batteries last significantly longer than alkaline in the
Vista, somewhere over 35 hours. I was asked once why I didn't upgrade to
a newer model. The Vista is cheap and I already own two, the Oregon is
not cheap and I would have to buy one plus car and bike mounts.