[ORRando] Garmin

John Henry Maurice jmaurice at easystreet.net
Sat Oct 18 08:17:09 PDT 2008

Greetings,

I too own a Garmin 305 and I too use a usb battery extender.  But I have not
had luck with the Boxwave Battery Adaptr Pro.  The frist one broke and was
replaced for free by the company, but the second one broke also.  So I went
to this unit ( http://www.mobiledriven.com/usbbaexaaba.html or
http://tinyurl.com/6mwwvq ) which has served me well.

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 8:31 PM, <cecilanne at comcast.net> wrote:

> My husband is hinting that he wants to get me a Garmin GPS gizmo as a
> Solstice gift  - apparently someone with whom he works can get him a deal
> (just him, not everyone on my listserve, so don't ask. . .).  Anyway, my
> limited research indicates that none of the Garmin products have enough
> battery life to get me through anything over a 300 km with continuous use  -
> so some of the tracking and statistical features on most models are probably
> superfluous  - but assuming I wanted one for its handiness to prevent me
> from getting, any suggestions as to which model is best (if any) - or should
> I just tell him to buy me the equivalent value in Belgian chocolate?
>
> Cheers, Cecil

John Henry Maurice
www.onyourleft.net