[ORRando] Garmin

cecilanne at comcast.net cecilanne at comcast.net
Fri Oct 17 20:31:15 PDT 2008

My husband is hinting that he wants to get me a Garmin GPS gizmo as a Solstice gift  - apparently someone with whom he works can get him a deal (just him, not everyone on my listserve, so don't ask. . .).  Anyway, my limited research indicates that none of the Garmin products have enough battery life to get me through anything over a 300 km with continuous use  - so some of the tracking and statistical features on most models are probably superfluous  - but assuming I wanted one for its handiness to prevent me from getting, any suggestions as to which model is best (if any) - or should I just tell him to buy me the equivalent value in Belgian chocolate?

Cheers, Cecil