[ORRando] Kings Valley 600k & 200k

cecilanne at comcast.net cecilanne at comcast.net
Mon May 26 12:21:20 PDT 2008

Hmm - my barometric altimeter clocked a total of 10, 460 ft for the route; 8091 on Saturday and 2490 on Sunday.  That seemed right to me, given the terrain and my personal sense of my own climbing ability, but I and my barometer have both been known to be wrong on occasion.  If anyone had a GPS, they probably have the most accurate readings.

On another note, I will eventually post a ride report and photos, but the short story is I am thrilled that I finished and even more thrilled that I can both walk and sit  today.  I'm not going for  a bike ride, though.

Cheers, Cecil

From: Susan France <susanfrance at teleport.com>

This route featured 15,200 ft of climbing according to 1 altimeter. Please let me know your reading if you kept track of the elevation gain.