[OrRando] Scio Perm on Saturday 1/19/08

Andrew P. Black apblack at ownmail.net
Thu Jan 10 23:26:21 PST 2008

Dear Cecil,

This sounds like fun (for some definition of fun).

Unfortunately, I buggered my knee on Sunday.  Skiing down from Tilly  =

Jane.  I go to see the Physical Therapist tomorrow.
We think the cruciate ligaments are OK (phew!), and it is just the  =

medial (inner) collateral ligament that is torn.  Apparently, this is  =

likely to heal.

What with family visits over Christmas, and then this accident, today  =

was only my third ride since Xmas day.  I rode to the MAX station and  =

back, and that was enough =97 I want to exercise it, but not re-injure  =

it.  Starting off from traffic lights was not my normal stand-up-and- =

sprint-away activity.

On 10 Jan 2008, at 20:29, cecilanne at comcast.net wrote:

> It's a new year, my leg is healed, and Lynne and I are shooting for  =

> that elusive R12.  Or at least I am shooting for it, and dragging  =

> Lynne into my quest (not that it was too difficult to convince  =

> her).  Anyway, we are planning on doing the "Scio" 200K perm on  =

> Saturday 1/19, start time 6:30 AM, and we would welcome company.   =

> Perm details, and Susan's very important rules, can be found here:   =

> http://www.orrandonneurs.org/sftest/perms/perms.htm
>
> Long range forecast promises a low of 33, high of 45, and a 60%  =

> chance of rain.  Perfect OR Rando weather, if you ask me.

I hope that you have a wonderful time.  Just don't get hypothermia.    =

Maybe I'll be able to join you in February.

	Andrew