[OrRando] Nike Wool Cycling Jerseys - Anyone tried 'em?

Jim Bronson jim.bronson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 12:06:43 PST 2008

Yesterday one of the local LBS's here in Austin, Bicycle Sport Shop,
had a New Year's morning ride.  The ride started at 9:30, but if you
showed up at 9 you got free coffee and bagels.  Never one to miss out
on free food, I left the house about 8:10 and rode the 9.2 miles down
to the shop at a leisurely pace, arriving at 8:47.

They opened the door a few minutes before 9 and there was a huge
assortment of still warm bagels - yum.  Right behind the bagel table
though, I noticed a long sleeve wool jersey.   I was surprised to see
that it was a Nike.  I was also surprised to see that it was on the
clearance rack, being that winter has just started.  They were marked
down to half off and I wanted to take it away right then but the store
was not open for business on the 1st.

So, I went back at lunch today tried it on.  It was size XXL and fit
great; definitely American cut unlike my XXXL Woolistic jersey that is
a tad tight.  I bought it for the half off price of $49.99.  I asked
if they had any more and they called the North store and indicated
that they also had an XXL over there, so I drove the 10 miles across
town and bought that one too at the same price.  This is even cheaper
than they are available for on FleaBay, they're going for $54.99 on
there.

So does anyone have any experience with these jerseys?  The label says
100% Merino Wool and washing instructions are similar to the Woolistic
jerseys.  They seem really nice.  I am looking forward to trying them
out on my next ride.

--
I ride my bike, to ride my bike.