[ORRando] Garmin eTrex question

cecilanne at comcast.net cecilanne at comcast.net
Thu Dec 25 10:42:56 PST 2008

The Solstice Bear (just as real as Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny . . .) brought me a Garmin eTrex Vista HCX this year and I have discovered that the Trips and Waypoints software that came with it is not Mac-compatible.  On the internets I have located a few different downloads that claim to provide the same applications/capabilities, but am reluctant to download them without knowing more about them.  Is anyone on this list familiar with any of the following products:

Garmin Roadtrip 2.0.1 (not on the Garmin site)

Garmin Bobcat 2.0.0.8 Beta (on the Garmin site)

GPSBabel

Chimmosoft GPS Connect

Thanks,

Cecil "I'll still get lost" Anne