[ORRando] Election DNF?

Michael Rasmussen Michael at jamhome.us
Wed Aug 27 18:55:55 PDT 2008

It's still possible to vote for the two open RUSA board positions.  Save
yourself from DNFing on the matter.   Vote Soon.

The ballot is available at http://www.rusa.org/Download/2008-ballot.pdf
or your can email your choice to mdayton at nc.rr.com if you include your name
and member number.

To refresh your memory there are three candidates:

 - Eric Vigoren
 - Bill Bryant
 - Edward Robinson

If you're on the SIR email list you may have received an enthusiastic message
from Peter Beeson encouraging a vote for Eric.  What else would you expect
from Peter?  The man is full of positive, effusive energy.

When I received the email I thought to myself, "sure it would be great for
RUSA.  Eric doesn't know how to do an average job, he only knows how to do
things really well."  Then I thought about Eric's time volunteering for SIR
and helping Susan with ORR and a conversation we had where he revealed how
much time he spent on those efforts.

 Then I thought, "would it be good for Eric?  Would it be good for Eric and
Maggie?"  If Eric's home life suffered due to his dedication and hard work
for others it would be a lessening of our world.

So I wrote to each of them.  Eric's reply started:

"Maggie has drunk the randonneurring Kool-Aid, and whatever flavor she got,
I would like some.   Have you seen any of her newsletters? They even earned
her a spot on the American Randonneur editorial board. Yes, I have
Maggie's full endorsement. "

Maggie's doing volunteer work for RUSA?  She endorses Eric's candidacy?  No
worries about conflicts at home then.

I encourage you to follow Maggie's lead, vote for Eric and encourage others to
do the same.

Eric is constitutionally incapable of doing anything besides a great job.
He'll do the northwest proud as a RUSA board member.  Vote for him soon.

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity