[OrRando] Re: Lighting

Jon Beilby jonbeilby at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 08:10:07 PDT 2007

I used a 5w dinotte on the glacier ride, worked well, it's tiny, throws a
near field flood versus long range spot, might not be adequate for pitch
blck rainy 40 mph descents but otherwise I liked it. takes 4 AAs in a 99
cent battery case available from radio shack so you can have more batts
ready for quick exchange using the 9v batt type snap connector.

batt life was enough to get to montana on one set of expensive AAs, it was
the longest day of the year however so none of this all night long in the
rain PBP type experience.

150$ from portland's own
http://www.biketiresdirect.com/productdetail.asp?p=3DDL2AA

cheers