[OrRando] Lighting

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Wed Sep 19 05:58:18 PDT 2007

Jim Bronson wrote:
> The hub pulsates as it is under electrical load when you are in
> motion.  It is hardly noticeable on the Schmidt.  It is more
> noticeable on the Shimano Nexus.

I've only ridden with Schmidt hubs, but I can tell when my lights are on by
the "hum" I feel through the handlebars.  If the Shimano is worse it must be
very noticable.

As I recall Peter White only recommends the Shimano for commuting or other low
milage applications.

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity