[OrRando] Lighting

David Rowe david.readytoride at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 21:00:04 PDT 2007

Peter White recommends the combination. The Lumotec Oval Plus lights up a
lower speed and when lit, throws a wider, softer pattern. It does well to
light the road when climbing and at lower speeds on the whole. The E6, he
says, is best at high speed, such as on a descent. Its beam pattern is long
with crisp edges. Mix the two and you get the best of both worlds.  I took
his advice and combined both lights for the G1000. I was very pleased as the
set-up worked exactly as Peter described. (See his Web site for his
description.) Up until that point, I have done all my night riding with a
single Lumotec, and when asked, I reported that I could see quite well with
it. I have to confirm what others have said here, as well. The E6 is a
superior light. And I would add that if you are climbing at night at 5-6 mph
... the Lumotec will do much to make you feel more comfortable in the dark.

dr

On 9/18/07, cecilanne at comcast.net <cecilanne at comcast.net> wrote:

> I am at the point in my new bike build (someone else is building it, I am
> just paying for it) where I need to choose my lighting system - I am gett=
ing
> a SON hub and am trying to decide between Lumotec and E6 - any thoughts? =
> read the Peter White page and came away less than illuminated (pun fully
> intended).
>
> Cheers, Cecil

-- =

Carboload your mind at http://www.readytoride.biz