[OrRando] Lighting

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Tue Sep 18 20:43:27 PDT 2007

cecilanne at comcast.net wrote:
> I am at the point in my new bike build (someone else is building it, I am just paying for it) where I need to choose my lighting system - I am getting a SON hub and am trying to decide between Lumotec and E6 - any thoughts?  I read the Peter White page and came away less than illuminated (pun fully intended).

Will you be using the bike for commuting?
The Lumotec with its standlight and low speed full brightness is better suited
for that use.  I've ridden side by side with E6 owners and was hard pressed to
see a clear advantage to the E6 light pattern.  Eric Vigoren and Susan can
both testify that while riding in front of me with my Lumotec they felt the
light threw off plenty of brightness.

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity