[OrRando] controls-centric photos of Verboort Populaire (plus a Carradice query)

Bill Alsup bill at viscountstudios.com
Mon Nov 5 18:22:04 PST 2007

Not much scenery. Just photos of people
 their bikes

 and sausage.

Three pics are from the Grand Lodge, 20 from
Longbottoms , and the rest from Verboort. They're all
at:

http://flickr.com/photos/tangobiker/sets/72157602941197316/

This was my first time to volunteer at a randonnuer
event, and I had an excellent time. Sure saw a lot
more riders than I would have otherwise. Took a lot
more pictures, too (although they're somewhat erratic,
as riders arrived in clumps, keeping me sporadically
busy checking people in).

I haven't been randonneurring long, so I still have
difficulty matching names (many familiar) with faces.
I'd be much obliged if some of you rando folks could
help me identify unidentified riders.

(I did get 103K in on Saturday ... riding my fixie to
Forest Grove, Longbottoms, Verboort, and back home.
Not quite as scenic as the actual ride, though.)

:]   B.

PS: Does anyone have an elegant way to attach a
Carradice Barley to a non-Brooks saddle? I'm quite
happy with my WTB, Turbo, and Bontrager saddles, and
don't want to invest the time and $$ (at the moment)
in breaking in yet another saddle. I'd rather not use
a seat-post adapter, either, if there's a way to avoid
that.