[OrRando] Verboort Populaire

Susan France susanfrance at teleport.com
Sun Nov 4 19:12:57 PST 2007

Results posted. We had 71 riders, 68 finishers including 3 preriders. We had about 5 tandems and no less than 12 recumbents. We had kazillions of women finishers. Times ranged from 3:03 (this is just 7 minutes after the finish opened) and 6:23.

Many thanks to the volunteers: Barbara Ogilvie our "Sausage Volunteer" who waited in line for 1.5 hrs for our purchases and then hours more for us to arrive. Bill Alsup & Cecil Reniche-Smith who manned both the Longbottoms and Verboort finish controls. Andrew Black who was with me on registration in Forest Grove and at the Snooseville control. And many thanks to Kevin Van Dyke who organizes the bike parking corral for the Verboort Festival. Seems we overtake his space, tables and chairs with more riders each year.

Looks like folks are contacting Michael with their photos and ride reports.

I should have the Wine Country info up on website by next weekend. We already have about 10 preregistered for that event.

Susan.
http://www.orrandonneurs.org/